Allied Health Unit Manager – Adult Community Services – Auckland DHB
- Unique, outstanding Senior Allied Health Leadership Opportunity
- Exciting and challenging new role within Community Services
- Opportunity to lead new innovative and integrated service delivery models for our community
- Relocation options available if located outside of New Zealand
Auckland is consistently voted one of the world’s greatest and safest cities to live in, with its two harbours, innumerable beaches, broad open spaces, and rich and diverse cultural heritage.
We have an exciting opportunity for an outstanding and highly motivated Allied Health Professional to become the Allied Health Unit Manager for Adult Community Services. A strong focus on performance improvement and clinical excellence is essential. Adult Community services sit within the Community and Long Term Conditions Directorate at Auckland District Health Board. Community Services includes Allied Health, Community Rehabilitation, Mobility Solutions, Specialist Nursing, District Nursing and NASC. There are approximately 250 clinical staff in community services who are dedicated and focussed on providing quality health outcomes.
- The Allied Health Unit Manager will work in partnership with the Service Clinical Director, Nurse Unit Manager and Operational Manager in providing strategic and operational leadership within community services. The role has an Allied Health clinical leadership and management accountability within this inter-disciplinary framework for clinical care, quality and safety, workforce development, service delivery and the implementation of the directorate strategy. This is a unique opportunity to progress and accelerate the multiple work-streams already in place as we move into a locality model of care.
- This role is a clinical leadership role and a clinical caseload makes up approximately a 0.5 FTE component of the role.
We are looking for applications from registered Allied Health Professionals who are already working to the top of their scope as an Allied Health Specialist, Team Leader or other relevant senior Allied Health role with experience working with large teams in a busy and complex environment. Strong first line management experience is essential. You will have a track record of advanced clinical practice, innovative thinking, patient focussed care and implementation of system changes.
This is a permanent role working 40 hours per week Monday to Sunday.
Remuneration is commensurate with the role. A professional development fund is also offered to support the successful applicant in expanding their clinical leadership skills and knowledge.
If you are located overseas or out of Auckland we can discuss relocation with you. This might be your perfect opportunity to make the move to New Zealand!!
To express interest, please apply online now at www.careers.adhb.govt.nz to job number: CEN01333
For a full Position Description or any other queries please contact Eileen Dreyer (Recruitment Consultant) via email: EDreyer@adhb.govt.nz
Applications Close: Sunday, 29th October 2017