ANZASW Strategic Plan 2015-2018
An equitable, socially just and sustainable society in which social work is a valued profession.
To promote and protect the practice of capable, ethical and culturally responsive social work in Aotearoa New Zealand.
ANZASW acknowledges that Te Tiriti o Waitangi informs our existence
Ka mihi matou a ANZASW kei roto i Te Tiriti o Waitangi e kii nei to matou oranga pumau.
The principles of bi-culturalism and partnership are evident in our actions
Ka maarama tonu nga maataapono tikanga aa rua i roto i o maatou mahi.
We value individual and cultural uniqueness and diversity.
E kaingakau nga tikanga o te katoa
We treat each other and all other people with respect and dignity.
Ko te taurite me te tu rangatira a te tangata ta matou e whai nei.
We encourage the active participation and contribution of all members.
Ka whakapuaretia e matou a matou kuaha kia uru mai te rahi hei whaka-kaha ke atu to tatou kaupapa
We model the highest standards of personal and professional behaviour in all our activities and interactions.
Ka whakatauiratia e matou ko te whanonga tino pairawa atu i roto i wa matou mahi katoa.
We are open and transparent in our representations and in the way that we work.
He mahorahora ana matou me te puataata oritenga i roto i wa matou whakaaturanga mahi.
We are agents of social change necessary to achieve social justice and the creation of a fair and equitable society.
He mangai kanohi matou mo nga mea e tino ahei ki te tutuki paapori tika me te hangahanga pai o te porihanga.
We are a credible voice for those whose voices are not heard and / or who are marginalised.
He maangai paaho mo ratou kore reo kia taea te rongo me ratou kua pouakatia hei nama.
Our priority goals
One: Membership – To maintain and grow a strong, engaged and committed Tangata Whenua and Tau Iwi membership
- Achieve net growth in Tau Iwi and Tangata Whenua membership
- Increase Tau Iwi and Tangata Whenua participation in the Association
Two: Voice – To provide a strong voice for Tau Iwi and Tangata Whenua members, the profession and the people with whom we work.
- Public awareness of the positive role and impact of social work and social workers is raised
- The public policy agenda for social work and social services is
- Members are mobilised to engage in ANZASW campaign activity
- The Tangata Whenua cacus voice is strengthened within the
Three: Continuing professional development – To promote and provide opportunities for continuing professional development
- A system for the recognition and endorsement of providers of CPD is operational
- Disseminate information about CPD opportunities provided by other organisations
- Design and deliver CPD opportunities using a range of face to face and online delivery mechanisms