Celebrating 20 years of Family Start Conference – Mt Wellington, Auckland
Date(s) - 27/06/2019 - 28/06/2019
Family Start is a free intensive home visiting programme that focuses on improving children’s growth and health, learning and relationships, family circumstances, environment and safety. It helps families/whānau who are struggling with challenges or problems that may make it harder for them to care for their baby or young child.
It is our pleasure to invite you to submit an abstract for the 2019 “Celebrating 20 Years of Family Start” conference. The two-day conference will take place in Mt Wellington on the 27th & 28th June 2019.
This is the first national Family Start conference held and organised by a collective of Family Start providers across New Zealand. The focus of the conference is to provide our staff with professional development and training, while also celebrating 20 years of success.
The conference theme is “Celebrating our past, with a vision for the future”.
Topics of Interest
- Innovation – Best Practise
- Informed Practise – Skills and Knowledge
- Leadership – Nurturing and Empowering the Family Start Social Workers
- Neuroscience – Responding to Whanau’s needs.
Guide for Authors the deadline to submit abstracts is 15 March 2019
To submit your abstracts, please email to Rachela@atwc.org.nz. Please have “Conference Abstract” as your email subject. Ensure the abstract is no more than 150 words and please attached a photo you would like used for the conference programme.
Deadline for Submission: 15 March 2019
Notification of Acceptance: 29 March 2019
Deadline for Final Paper Submission: 4 June 2019
- Shelmaine Terblanche – Anglican Trust for Women and Children
- Colleen Fakalogotoa – Family Success Matters
- Maria Burgess – Wesley Community Action
- Kara Edwards – Te Taiwhenua O Heretaunga
- Nicole Coupe – Family Start Hamilton
For all enquiries, please contact: Shelmaine Terblanche – firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at the “Celebrating 20 Years of Family Start” conference.