The Science and Solutions for Insomnia, Anxiety and Depression – Dunedin
Date(s) - 12/11/2019
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Supporting patients to sleep better and live happier lives
Dr Kanji experienced several childhood traumas leading to decades of nightmares, night sweats, insomnia, anxiety and depression, and overcame these. He is a medical specialist who completed a PhD studying the stress response and this seminar will outline the role of childhood trauma, the physiology of stress and the solutions that allowed him to sleep better, worry less and feel happier.
If you want simple concise explanations and tools to assist your patients who experience insomnia, anxiety and depression, then this seminar is for you.
- Understand and explain to patients the link between childhood trauma and insomnia, anxiety and depression.
- Understand and explain the stress response and fight/flight response with a focus on how stress leads to changes in the brain and body that perpetuate insomnia, anxiety and depression.
- Communicate the future risks of poorly managed insomnia, anxiety and depression.
- Understand the role of medications in managing insomnia, anxiety and depression.
- Understand the habits that improve symptoms for life and how to reduce barriers to implementation.
- When to introduce talk therapy to process past trauma.
- Understand the break points in the model where suicide risk can be reduced.
Who should attend:
Case managers, health advisers, doctors, counselors, psychologists, physiotherapists, osteopaths, Occupational Therapists and anyone working in mental health or chronic pain.
About Dr Giresh Kanji:
Dr Giresh Kanji is a Musculoskeletal Pain Specialist and Researcher. He is the author of three books including his latest book that has become a NZ Bestseller: Brain Connections How to Sleep Better, Worry Less and Feel Happier. He is the Chairman of the NZ Pain Foundation and editor of Australasian Musculoskeletal Medicine journal. He is a senior lecturer (hon) and he is supervising research at Auckland University.
Dr Kanji was born in Wellington and is a graduate of Otago Medical School and Massey University. He has trained in New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the United States. He has given presentations in New Zealand, Australia, Tahiti, the United States and Europe
NB: Earlybird special $250 + GST
Standard price $295 + GST
Price includes a copy of Dr Kanji’s latest best selling book Brain Connections