Care Manager, Wellington
IDEA Services, a subsidiary to IHC (New Zealand’s leading provider of support and services for people living with intellectual disabilities), are seeking a compassionate and self-motivated leader to be responsible for the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation planning for those who are living with an intellectual disability, or high/complex behaviours as a Care Manager for our Wellington region.
Reporting to the Area Manager, you will develop and implement Care and Rehabilitation plans, provide training and mentorship to Support Workers, and build positive professional relationships with community and agency organisations primarily from our vibrant Porirua office.
Previous knowledge of supporting people who are living with an intellectual disability and/or complex behaviours, and a tertiary qualification within a health or disability service discipline (e.g. Occupational Therapy / Nursing / Social Work / Psychology) are essential for further consideration.
This position will be offered on a Permanent Full-Time basis, working 80 hours per fortnight.
- Previous experience working positively with people who have an intellectual disability, and/or high/complex behavioural needs.
- Relevant Health or Disability tertiary qualification.
- Experience in providing assessments, and development of comprehensive individual client plans.
- Ability to train and coach support staff, and guidance with plan implementation.
- Demonstrated understanding and preparation of risk assessment and management plans.
- Ability to work within a dynamic and multi-disciplined team environment, as well as be self-motivated while working autonomously.
- Excellent computer/technology skills, with the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly.
- A collaborative and inclusive culture with a focus on our people’s wellbeing.
- Employee benefits including discounted gym memberships, mobile phone plans and insurance.
- Warm and welcoming team environment with approachable and supportive management.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
This is an exciting time to join IHC and this opportunity provides a great opportunity to bring your thinking in the areas of health and disability, with the strong focus of providing a safe and high-quality service.
Closing date: 15 October 2019
IHC is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.