Caregiver Social Worker – 3 positions, Wellington Region
Job Ref: 28543
- Wellington Region
- 3 positions
- Specialised role – focusing on recruiting, assessing and supporting caregivers to provide the best possible care for the tamariki and rangatahi in their care
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children is undergoing exciting and world-leading change to ensure the tamariki, whānau and caregivers we work with have the support and services they need to thrive.
The role of a Caregiver Social Worker is varied and rewarding. The needs of caregivers are being bought to the forefront of practice in recognition of the important role they play in the lives of tamariki who cannot live safely at home. You will ensure our caregivers understand their part in a child’s journey through care, are prepared with the skills and information they need to care and are supported to provide nurturing, safe and stable homes for tamariki. Your work will include supporting whānau and non- whānau caregivers, emergency and respite caregivers, and long-term caregivers.
This role requires excellent assessment, communication and problem solving skills, and the ability to work with caregivers from all walks of life who have varied motivations for providing care. Supporting and valuing caregivers is paramount, and you will put caregivers at the centre of everything you do.
Collaborating with the child’s social worker will be a key component of the role as you work together to provide great outcomes for tamariki who need caring for. You’ll also be working with other agencies and providers to ensure the needs of our caregivers are met.
Our team works from a strengths-based perspective and we are fully committed to achieving positive change for the tamariki, whānau and caregivers. You will receive a full induction into the role, regular training and supervision, and the support of a strong peer and leadership group.
We can offer you:
- A competitive market rate.
- A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career.
- On-going training and regular supervision.
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work.
To be successful, you will need:
- Passion and vision for caregivers and what they need to succeed.
- A commitment to tamariki and ensuring their voices are heard and acted on.
- A recognised social work qualification.
- Social work registration or be eligible for social work registration through the Social Work Registration Board.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- A full, clean driver’s licence.
- Right to work in New Zealand.
If you think you have what it takes, and are dedicated to providing the highest level of support for caregivers, then we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
Please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter as part of your application.
Internal Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Kerry Leggett on email@example.com #LI-ORG
Applications close: 27 May 2019.