Clinical Practitioner / Counsellor, Timaru
Full time, Permanent
We are seeking a talented, skilled and enthusiastic Clinical Practitioner / Counsellor to work from our Timaru office. Join our network of professionals to deliver strategies that enhance the wellbeing and performance of employees through out our customer organisations
This clinical role, whilst based in Timaru, will be part of a wider team of counselling professionals working from our many EAP offices dotted throughout NZ. This is a varied role with the majority of clinical hours spent in 1:1 counselling sessions. From time to time there will be a need to attend on site at our customer premises to manage event disruption and/or provide PFA and trauma support. For those with an aptitude for group facilitation, the opportunity exists to deliver training for the employees of our customers based in the Canterbury region.
- A minimum 5 years’ counselling experience
- Current registration of SWRB or relevant professional body
- Relevant clinical experience, including brief intervention therapy and trauma support
Skills & Experience
- Sound understanding of a range of evidence based therapeutic models
- Ability to provide timely trauma response interventions for clients who have experienced a traumatic event in the workplace.
- Knowledge of trauma intervention, including individual and group psychological first aid
- Flexibility to attend onsite incidents as, when and where required
- Client-centric focus with sound professional acumen and integrity
- A dedicated team player who can demonstrate initiative and contribute to our internal continuous improvements
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple clients and priorities in a fast-paced working environment
- Competency in using PC Software products and new technologies
How to apply
If this sound like a good fit, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com and state you are applying for the Timaru position.