Family Breakdown Assessors – North and West Auckland Region and South Island West Coast
North and West Auckland Region
- Independent contractors required.
- Engage with young people and their families.
- Work independently within these specific locations
- Flexible working
- Payment per report completed
- Mileage is claimed for
We are looking for an experienced social or whānau worker to engage directly with young people and their parents, and caregivers of unsupported children.
Barnardos is pleased to be working with the MSD to provide a Family Breakdown Assessment service (FBA) for young people in order to obtain a young persons’ benefit, and caregivers to obtain a unsupported child benefit. Assessors meet face to face with the client and in turn talk with family members and if required other key people in the young persons’ life. The assessors consider the circumstances and complete a written report with their professional recommendation on the evidence of a family breakdown. This is a fast paced busy role with tight turn arounds and contractors are paid per report. Appointments mainly take place within Work and Income or youth service providers offices.
We have opportunities in the following locations:
Auckland – We are looking for someone who lives North of the Harbour Bridge who can offer us cover in that area around one day a week. This role is ideal to fit in with other contract work, or for someone wanting to work during school hours. Appointments can occur as far North as Warkworth.
West Coast – We are looking for someone who lives on the Coast who can add this string to their bow with a varied workflow. The time commitment is around a day a fortnight. Appointments may occur in Hokitika, Greymouth, and Westport.
To excel in this role, you will need:
- a tertiary qualification in social work or other relevant qualification
- proven experience working with young people and their families/whānau
- the ability to work autonomously and excellent time management skills
- excellent communication, organisation and facilitation skills
- flexibility and resilience to meet the needs of the role
- your own vehicle and computer with reliable internet access.
To apply please email your CV and Cover Letter to – firstname.lastname@example.org
We only have vacancies in these specific areas currently so please do not apply if based elsewhere.
Closing date for applications: 15 November 2019