Family Start Worker, Hutt Valley
- An experienced Family Start Worker position for the Hutt Valley (recent mature graduates can be considered).
- Unique supportive and multicultural team environment.
Do you have passion and a strong commitment towards improving the wellbeing and development of pepi (babies) and tamariki (children)?
If this sounds like you, please apply as we are looking for a person to join our dedicated team and organisation providing professional social services here in the Hutt Valley. Naku Enei Tamariki – NET (“These are my Children”) work toward ensuring all pepi and tamariki in Te Awakairangi (Hutt Valley) are nurtured in all aspects of their wellbeing and development to realise their unique potential within their family/whānau/aiga and community.
Family Start is a home visiting programme based on building strengths within whānau to improve health, education and social outcomes; assisting parents to improve their parenting ability and supporting parents to improve their personal and whānau circumstances. NET is one of 42 organisations in New Zealand who provide these services.
We are looking for:
- An in-depth awareness of working with diverse communities including Pacific, Maori, Pākehā/Palagi and Migrant families.
- Capability in upholding the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Experience in supporting parents/caregivers with the wellbeing and development of their pepi and tamariki.
- The ability to utilise a multi-disciplinary approach in social services.
- Skills and knowledge working with family harm, addictions and mental health.
We expect you to have:
- A New Zealand recognised social worker qualification endorsed by the Aotearoa-New Zealand Social Worker Registration Board
- Full registration or already working towards full registration with the Aotearoa-New Zealand Social Worker Registration Board.
- Resilience, critical reflection, self-motivation and be solutions focused.
- A teamwork approach with a can-do attitude.
- High degree of self-management with the ability to set clear boundaries
- Relationship management and networking skills.
If you have any further questions regarding the role, please contact – email@example.com
Applications close on 13 April 2021
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver’s licence?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?