Manager Women’s Refuge – Whanganui
Women’s Refuge Whanganui (WRW) is looking for a manager who wants to make a difference.
This is a full time 37.5 hours a week position. You will be reporting to the WRW Board of Trustees and have a passion to work with vulnerable families in the Manawatu – Whanganui district communities.
You will have previous experience leading a small team (> 7) advocates and extensive knowledge of the protocols, processes and standards of practice required to deliver a professional and whanau centric service to the community.
You will be an excellent communicator, who can work with the team in such a way that facilitates the transfer of knowledge, provides supports, builds resilience and improves the overall competency standards of our Refuge. A social work tertiary qualification and proven knowledge of relevant legislation and social work case management frameworks is essential to this role. A full driver’s licence and positive vetting results under the Vulnerable Children’s Act are also requirements.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
• Sound frameworks or models of practice relating to issues of domestic violence, parenting, drug and alcohol and care and protection
• Previous experience in a social service agency working with vulnerable families
• Experience of working with whanau, hapu or Iwi.
• A qualification in Social Work and or extensive experience
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills
• Flexible attitude and ‘can do’ approach
• High level of self-awareness
• Ability to multi task and deal with competing priorities
• Ability to work in a fluid and sometimes stressful environment
Nau mai haere mai we are a diverse, friendly and welcoming organisation, who work hard, and we’d love to have you join us.
Please email Samara@refuge.org.nz for position description and application form.
All applications require a curriculum vitae and cover letter
Applications close: 12:00pm Friday 19th July 2019