Nominations sought for the Social Workers Registration (SWRB) Board, Wellington
Location: Wellington, NZ
Company: Ministry of Social Development
The Social Workers Registration Board (SWRB) is a Crown agent. The purpose of the SWRB is to:
- protect the safety of members the public
- ensure social workers are competent to practice and accountable in the way they practice
- promote the benefits of registration of social workers; and
- enhance social worker professionalism.
The functions of the SWRB include:
- maintaining the Register of social workers.
- receiving and considering applications for registration as social workers
- promoting the benefits of registration
- reviewing the competence of social workers
- establishing and maintaining a code of conduct for registered social workers
- to promote and encourage high standards of practice and professional conduct among social workers and the employers of social workers; and
- promoting and setting standards for education and training in consultation with providers of social work and enhancing the professionalism of social workers.
Opportunities/Skills and Experience:
The Minister of Social Development is looking to make a total of three appointments to the SWRB; including
- two ‘other people’; and
- one registered social worker.
Please note that for this appointment the Minister is looking for candidates with:
- strong sector networks
- strong relationship and engagement skills
- a strong Māori voice
- strong understanding of Māori cultural competencies
- an understanding of social policy and the impact on the sector and profession; and
- experience with corporate finance, risk, audit and regulatory functions.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the online application form
- Upload a copy of your current CV
- When prompted, please upload a copy of the Appointment Application Form instead of the cover letter (refer below)
For additional information, please refer to the Instructions for Applying.
If you require any assistance or have any queries, please contact Lance Fowler on (04) 913 3245 or email email@example.com
Nominations are due by 5.00pm on Friday 25 October 2019