Regional Placement and Resources Coordinator, Auckland
Job Ref: 30486
Do you want to build and maintain strong relationships and networks with external providers of placements and programmes that can assist children and young people towards desired outcomes? Want a supportive team environment, regular coaching, development and opportunities for career growth? We have 2 exciting opportunities for Regional Placement and Resource Coordinators to join our Ellerslie Placement Coordination team.
What you will do?
As a Regional Placement and Resources Coordinator you will ensure tamariki and rangatahi are supported with their placement and supported bail needs by using all available regional resources.
To do this well you will assess suitable options in line with behavioural, intervention and risk plans to ensure the options meet the complex needs of tamariki and rangatahi. You will liaise with internal stakeholders and ensure that tamariki and rangatahi have appropriate plans in place.
This role will assist the regions to:
- Provide safe and appropriate placements
- Ensure sound practice and culturally appropriate decisions occur
- Manage critical emergencies and use all available resources to find suitable solutions
- Identify a range of suitable, relevant and effective placement options
- Ensure resources are allocated appropriately in line with the needs of the children and young people
What you will bring?
- Knowledge of child protection and youth justice legislation and practice
- Ability to effectively navigate CYRAS to a level where themes and data analysis can be extracted to assist in decision-making and reporting requests
- Experience or qualification in social work, psychology or other related discipline with an understanding of social theories and trauma, mental health, addictions and behavioural issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write reports as required
- Effective relationship management skills with the ability to partner with a variety of stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi
- Exceptional time management, organisation skills and the ability to remain calm and level-headed under pressure
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office – namely Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Can consistently exercise discretion and inspire trust of staff and providers at all levels
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV and cover letter.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Terri Telford on firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry as application close on the 21st of October 2019