Residential & Community Advocate – Women’s Refuge – Whanganui
Women’s Whanganui Refuge (WRW) is looking for a residential & community advocate to join our advocacy team.
This is a full time 37.5 hours a week position. You will be reporting to the (WRW) Manager and have a passion to work with vulnerable families in the Whanganui and surrounding areas.
You will have previous experience and extensive knowledge of the protocols, processes and standards of practice required to deliver a professional and family centric service to the community. A social work tertiary qualification and proven knowledge of relevant legislation and social work case management frameworks is essential to this role. A full driver’s licence and positive vetting results under the Vulnerable Children’s Act are also requirements.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
• Sound frameworks or models of practice relating to issues of domestic violence, parenting, drug and alcohol and care and protection
• Previous experience in a social service agency working with vulnerable families
• Experience of working with whanau, hapu or Iwi.
• A qualification in Social Work and or extensive experience
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills
• Flexible attitude and ‘can do’ approach
• High level of self-awareness
• Ability to multitask and deal with competing priorities
• Ability to work in a fluid and sometimes stressful environment
Nau mai haere mai we are a diverse, friendly and welcoming organisation, who work hard, and we’d love to have you join us.
Please email Samara@refuge.org.nz for position description and application form.
Applications close: 12pm Friday 19th of July 2019