Senior Advisor Iwi and Māori Engagement, Otago
Job Ref: 31199
Want to be part of a team which is dedicated to making a difference for our tamariki and Whānau?
If you want to be part of an influential role that drives and delivers across strategic partnership, we currently have a permanent Senior Advisor Iwi and Māori Engagement position based in our Dunedin office.
About the role:
- This role focuses on supporting the design and implementation of Oranga Tamariki engagement with Iwi and Māori and to facilitate the development of strategic partnership with them
- Reporting to the Regional Manager Lower South Island, you will be participating in change initiatives along with monitoring progress in building operative partnership and professional arrangements with Iwi and Māori organisations
- You will need to have a well-developed communication skill both verbal and written to support Oranga Tamariki in maintaining, influencing and negotiate with a diverse range of stakeholders at all different levels
Skills and experiences:
- Good understanding and to have substantial experience in working and building strategic relationships with Iwi and Māori organisation
- To have the ability to influence and motivate transformative change
- To have the capacity to provide sound advice and to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences and build and maintain rapport with others
- Confidence to apply your skills and experiences across a range of inter-agency functions & discipline
- Experience and skills in compiling, analysing and reporting on data in a way that meets decision-makers needs
To be successful in the role, you must have had an exposure to working in complex environments undergoing transformation. You must also have had experience in working with government agencies, Iwi/ Māori, Pasifica community, NGO’s and community-based organisation.
The ability to converse in Te Reo Māori is desirable.
What we are offering
- Opportunities to work alongside a wider value-based organisation
- Career Development opportunities
- Access to a generous Southern Cross Health plan and banking packages with Westpac
- Flexible working opportunities
- A salary range between $80,090 – $120,135
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV and cover letter.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Andrew Louis on email@example.com
Applications close 13 December 2019