Social Worker, Adult Health, Auckland
Are you an experienced Social Worker looking to take the next step in your career? If yes, then this is the position for you. We have a 0.9 FTE, Permanent available.
At Auckland DHB we have a lot we can offer you:
- Opportunity to join the largest teaching District Health Board in New Zealand
- Regular supervision and continuing professional development to enhance your capacity to engage in effective social work practice
- Leadership and continuous development opportunities
- Excellent support from your Practice Supervisor, Clinical Leader and Professional Leader to achieve excellence in practice
- Subsidised gym membership, free gym classes run by 5Points Gym
- Great team environment and work culture
- Discounts at a variety of businesses, Free eye test
- Great Grafton location
- A fun and supportive team
If this video is not working, please try using a different internet browser.
We are a motivated, compassionate team who provide holistic social work services to patients and their families across a variety of inpatient and outpatient health settings.
- Social Work qualification
- Advanced communication skills
- An understanding of Tikanga Māori
- Evidence of registration with the New Zealand Social Workers’ Registration Board (includes provisional registration) and a current Practising Certificate
- Experience in Health Social Work, grief and loss, child protection and family violence intervention
- Strong cultural knowledge; capacity to work effectively alongside our diverse communities
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori & Pacific communities. Our organisation values diversity, inclusivity and empathy, if you do too, apply now and join us to make a positive difference and to “do your life’s best work at Auckland DHB”.
We are looking for an experienced practitioner with a proven ability to model best practice and to support the wider adult health social work team. Rigorous psycho-social assessment skills and the ability to think critically and develop client centred appropriate client centred interventions is a key part of this role.
Your social work role will primarily be based in the inpatient areas at Auckland City Hospital. You will respond to a broad range of referrals including, loss, major life changes, decision making and counselling around end of life care, child protection, family violence intervention, and other complex social and medical situations.
Your strengths in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships within multi-disciplinary and inter-agency teams will be essential to your success. A passion for fostering a safe space for tangata whenua and tauiwi within the hospital context is welcomed.
Please note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the role and to the competencies listed in the position description.
For position description click here or copy and paste below link into your internet browser:
Your questions or discussions are welcomed. To find out more about this role, please feel free to contact acting Social Work Clinical Lead, Sashnee Naidoo on 021540421.
If you need any further information about the recruitment process please contact Vickie Shakur, Recruitment Consultant at VickieS@adhb.govt.nz
To submit your application, please click on the Apply button below or visit our website www.careers.adhb.govt.nz and enter job number AUC04923. Please note that email applications will not be accepted.
Applications close: Thursday 24 May 2019.