Social Worker, Canterbury DHB
- Permanent, part-time opportunity working 32 hours per week
- Work within a supportive team of multidisciplinary professionals and benefit from ongoing professional development opportunities
- NZ Registration as a Social Worker and current Annual Practising Certificate is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our Social Work Services at Christchurch Hospital are inviting applications for Registered Social Workers to join our team working in the Emergency Department and across the Christchurch campus. We provide social work services as part of a multi-disciplinary team taking a holistic approach to patient care.
We currently have a permanent, part-time position available working across the acute hospital services at Christchurch Hospital (0.8FTE/32 hours per week). This will be working within our twenty-four hour, seven-day rotational service with late and weekend shifts.
As our team has a seven-day a week cover, there will be the requirement to cover the weekend roster and after hours.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assessment, monitoring and support of clients within the acute social work service in accordance with ANZASW Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Attend and participate in social work team and departmental activities as well as staff meetings
- Participate in service development and quality assurance initiative/processes
Your skills will include the following:
- A passion for working with people and their families/whānau
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to people from all walks of life
- Acute experience is advantageous, as is experience with Care and Protection, Family Harm, and Trauma
- Solid social work experience is essential to be considered for these positions
- Current Annual Practising Certificate issued under the Social Worker’s Registration Act (2003) is essential
This role will require you to work across different multidisciplinary teams so being a team player who can quickly adapt will be essential to your success. Our service is committed to the professional development of our staff and offers regular ongoing development opportunities.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site. Link: https://cdhb.careercentre.net.nz/Job/Social-Worker/Christchurch/16850 Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Closing date: 4 March 2020