Social Worker Caregiver, Oranga Tamariki, Lower Hutt Based
- We have one more vacancy for a Caregiver Social Worker to complete our regional team
- Permanent, full-time opportunity Greater Wellington Region – based at Lower Hutt
- $56,100 – $102,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Specialised role – focusing on recruiting, assessing and supporting caregivers to provide the best possible care for the tamariki and rangatahi in their care
Oranga Tamariki is undergoing exciting and world-leading change to ensure the tamariki, whānau and caregivers we work with have the supports and services they need to thrive.
The role of a Caregiver Social Worker is varied and rewarding. The needs of caregivers are being bought to the forefront of practice in recognition of the important role they play in the lives of tamariki who cannot live safely at home. You will ensure our caregivers understand their part in a child’s journey through care, are prepared with the skills and information they need to care and are supported to provide nurturing, safe and stable homes for tamariki. Your work will include supporting whānau and non-whānau caregivers, emergency and respite caregivers, and long-term caregivers.
This role requires excellent assessment, communication and problem solving skills, and the ability to work with caregivers from all walks of life who have varied motivations for providing care. Supporting and valuing caregivers is paramount, and you will put caregivers at the centre of everything you do.
Collaborating with the child’s Social Worker will be a key component of the role as you work together to provide great outcomes for tamariki who need caring for. You’ll also be working with other agencies and providers to ensure the needs of our caregivers are met.
Our team works from a strengths-based perspective and we are fully committed to achieving positive change for the tamariki, whānau and caregivers. You will receive a full induction into the role, regular training and supervision, and the support of a strong peer and leadership group.
What’s in it for you – Nōu te rourou
- A competitive market rate
- A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career
- On-going training and regular supervision
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work.
About you – Mōu
- Passion and vision for caregivers and what they need to succeed
- A commitment to tamariki and ensuring their voices are heard and acted on
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board (SWRB)
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Excellent relationship management skillsA full, clean NZ driver’s licence
If you think you have what it takes and are dedicated to providing the highest level of support for caregivers, then we want to hear from you.
How to apply – Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online>> with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address.
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Kerry Leggett, email@example.com
Applications close Monday, 17 May 2021.