Social Worker, Children & Young Person’s Service, Hawke’s Bay
Full time, Permanent
Hohepa is a therapeutic community based on the work of Rudolf Steiner, providing support for people with intellectual disabilities with the aim of enabling them to live as independently as possible; our mission is ‘every life fully lived’.
We are seeking a registered Social Worker, with excellent administrative skills, for this role in our Children & Young Persons’ Service. You will be responsible for managing processes and systems throughout the service, working across residential homes and our special needs school. The ideal candidate will have the technical and administrative skills for the role, along with great communication and interpersonal skills – enabling them to interact successfully with the young people we support, their families, external agencies, funders, suppliers, donors, professionals, our staff and neighbours… The wide variety of tasks and responsibilities will be carried out in an office setting in Poraiti.
To be successful in this position you must meet these requirements:
- Current Social Work registration.
- Sound administrative skills and experience.
- Understanding of current H&S legislation and practices.
- High levels of written and verbal communication skills – can communicate effectively with a wide range of people of different abilities.
- Understanding of the multi-disciplinary environment in which we work, with the ability to liaise with a range of professionals and agencies.
- Computer literacy (office software, proficient with spreadsheets/databases).
- Planning, prioritising, organising, multi-tasking, attention to detail.
- Can maintain confidentiality and respect privacy.
- Proactive, self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Willing to support and engage with the community life of Hohepa.
- Working knowledge of the disability / special education sector an advantage.
For an informal conversation about the position email email@example.com and we will give you a call
The detailed job description provides more information – perhaps the key thing is to be willing to take on any job to further the aims of the service.
As with all Hohepa jobs, we require an application form to be completed.
Closing date: Friday 31 May 2019