Social Worker, Christchurch
Key Assets are seeking a Social Worker, 40 hours per week
We can offer:
- Competitive Market Salary
- Company Vehicle including fuel card
- Paid On Call Allowance
- 4% Employer KiwiSaver Contribution
- Five weeks annual leave after qualifying period
- On-going Training and Supervision with a clearly articulated practice framework
To be successful you will have a strong understanding and solid skills relating to Foster Care and the care sector. The role will primarily be based within the community working with foster carers, managing the education of carers and maintaining the safety of the child/ren or young person/s in care. Travel within and around Canterbury is an expectation of the role so flexibility and the ability to work unsupervised is an essential component.
Providing placement support to foster carers and coaching their practice to ensure the continued safety and placement stability of our children and young people in their care.
- Ensure the completion of all case management documentation, for operational compliance
- And to ensure compliance of business policies and child protection procedures
Experience and Skills Required
- Hold a Social Work qualification that is recognised by the New Zealand SWRB.
- Have substantial experience in social work practice with children and young people and an understanding of the unique challenges faced by children in foster care.
- Understand attachment theory and trauma and the impact this has on a child’s/adolescents development and behaviour.
- Understand the meaning of cultural safety and bi-cultural practices while being respectful and observant of Tikanga Maori
- Be self-motivated, able to work independently and in partnership with other community based organisations.
- Demonstrate excellent personal and professional communication skills and the ability to work effectively with children, their wider family/whanau networks and foster carers.
- Have a proven track record of writing high quality competency-based assessments and other reports.
- Enjoy varied work opportunities including the delivery of training, recruiting and visiting carer households.
- Participate in an Office Duty system and an out-of-hours support service to Foster Carers.
Applications should include a cover letter and CV and be emailed to HR.NZ@keyassets.co.nz
For an informal discussion please call Susan Gregory 022 450 8016.
Closing date 15-10-2019.
Statutory checks will also need to be satisfactorily completed as part of our recruitment and selection process
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.