Social Worker, Community Connector, Auckland
About Age Concern Auckland
Age Concern Auckland operates to meet the needs of people aged 65+ across Auckland region. We are committed to promoting wellbeing, rights, respect and dignity for older people. Our vision is that older people live a valued life in an inclusive society. Age Concern Auckland is a registered charity, we are part of a nationwide network of 33 Age Concerns.
Age Concern Auckland’s Intervention Service is a wraparound service that takes a holistic approach to the well-being of older people, and supports their financial, physical, emotional, cultural and mental needs. Our team includes professional social workers and other professionals, aims to move people from a position of vulnerability to one of resilience and includes Community Connectors, Elder Abuse and Neglect Response Services, Counselling and Asian Services.
We have two fixed-term, full-time vacancies for Community Connectors to 30 June 2022, based in one or more of our Papatoetoe, North Shore or Avondale office(s).
Our new community connection programme focuses on supporting older people and building community capacity and resilience.
- Provides intervention services for older people who are, or who are at risk of, missing out on entitled support and services
- Gives information, advice, and support to older people, their families/whanau, carers and relevant others, to enable them to make decisions that maintain the safety and autonomy of the older person.
- Raises awareness of the needs of older people in the community and workplace.
- Develops and maintains mutually beneficial working relationships with agencies and people in the geographic area in which the service operates.
Skills and experience
- Registered qualified social worker with current practicing certificate or relevant qualification in the health or social service sector.
- Has the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to develop appropriate social work standards and quality initiatives.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Time management skills.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Clean full drivers’ license and police check required.
- Have the right to work in New Zealand.
- Good computer literacy.
We offer a thorough induction and ongoing professional development opportunities, supportive, tight-knit team environment.
If you are interested in applying, please email a covering letter and CV to Kai Quan at email: email@example.com