Social Worker – Elder Abuse and Response, Auckland
About Age Concern Auckland
Age Concern Auckland operates to meet the needs of people aged 65+ across Auckland region. We are committed to promoting wellbeing, rights, respect and dignity for older people. Our vision is that older people live a valued life in an inclusive society.
Age Concern Auckland is a registered charity, we are part of a nationwide network of 33 Age Concerns.
Age Concern Auckland’s Intervention Service is a wraparound service that takes a holistic approach to the well-being of older people, and supports their financial, physical, emotional, cultural and mental needs. Our team includes professional social workers and other professionals, aims to move people from a position of vulnerability to one of resilience and includes the Field Social Worker, Elder Abuse and Neglect Response Services, Counselling and Asian Service.
This is a fulltime position (35-40 hours per week), located at our North Shore office.
- Providing information and advice about matters related to elder abuse and neglect to anyone who asks for it.
- Working with older people (and their families and carers where appropriate) who have been referred due to suspected elder abuse and neglect.
- Providing education for those working with older people (including family/whanau carers), students, professionals or any other interested groups.
- Raising public awareness about elder abuse and neglect.
- Developing and maintaining mutually beneficial working relationships with agencies, professionals, people in the community, peers and national advisors.
Skills and experience
- Registered qualified social worker with current practicing certificate and at least 2 years of relevant experience in social work (e.g. family violence)
- Able to take referral information, assess and establish if abuse or neglect is occurring.
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience working with people from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Full drivers licence.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a permanent NZ work visa.
We offer a thorough induction and ongoing professional development opportunities, supportive, tight-knit team environment with flexible working hours. If you are interested in applying, please email a covering letter and CV to Julie Mansson at email@example.com