Social Worker in Schools (SWiS), Horowhenua
About the business
Raukawa Whānau Ora Limited delivers a wide range of Health, Social Services and Education Programmes within the Horowhenua and wider iwi boundaries of Ngāti Raukawa. Raukawa Whānau Ora employ a wide range of qualified experienced professionals within the organisation who are focused on delivering programmes and services to assist in improving whānau well-being within the wider community.
About the role
This role is for a Social Worker in Schools positions within the Horowhenua schools. The primary role of the social worker is to work with referred children from the cluster schools and their family/whānau. The scope of the role is to ensure the well-being of children and strengthen whānau to care and support their children successfully. You will have a working knowledge of a range of social work models and their application in this environment. You will also be required to develop and facilitate preventative programmes within schools to meet student needs and a key component of the role is to actively promote the Social Worker in Schools role within the local community.
Skills and experience
We are looking for the following:
- A qualification as a Social Worker
- SWRB registered
- Current annual practising certificate
- Demonstrated commitment to Kaupapa Māori frameworks of practice
- Te Reo me ōna Tikanga (or at least an introductory level)
- Familiarity working in culturally diverse environments
- Experience working with at risk children and whānau
- The ability to provide practical and effective solutions to a variety of issues, some complex with a commitment to ‘Best Practice’
- A good working knowledge of related legislation
- Is competent in the use of Information Technology, Windows suite,
- Excellent personal management skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated competence in maintaining service files and other information
- Proven ability to network within the community
- A team player with a sense of humour
If you are interested in the role send a CV and cover letter to HR@rwo.nz . Your CV and cover letter are to be received no later than 4.00pm on Friday 6th August, 2021 to be eligible for consideration. Any information received outside of this time frame will not be considered for the role.
On receipt of your cover letter and CV you will be sent a Raukawa Whānau Ora application pack along with a Job Description. Please complete all areas of the application pack. Once fully completed please send back to Raukawa Whānau Ora to be received no later than 4.00pm on Friday 13th August 2021. Any information received outside of this time frame will not be considered for the role.
Please note that all areas of the application pack must be completed in full and returned to Raukawa Whānau Ora within the required timeframe for the applicant to be considered for the role.
Thank you for choosing this role as a career path and we wish you luck with your application.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current Children’s Worker Safety Check?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver’s licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?