Social Worker – Oranga Tamariki, South Auckland Sites
About us – Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About you – Mōu
We are looking for candidates that demonstrate the following:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand driver’s licence
About the role – Mō te tūnga
In this role, you will be part of making a difference to the lives of our young people and their whanau by working with the latest strength-based practice tools and assessment framework. Along with that, you will also be engaging with the tamariki, developing, managing and delivering plans to ensure their voices are heard. A big part of your day will also include participating in family group conferences and partnering with other agencies and the community to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Salary range is between $55,000 – $100,000
- A challenging, fascinating and gratifying career
- On-going training and professional development
- A cohesive and supportive team environment
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
- Discounts on Southern Cross Health insurance
- Access to a government banking package with Westpac – special offers and rates
How to apply – Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Naomi at email@example.com