Social Worker – Permanent Part Time, Canterbury
Permanent Part Time 20 hours a week
The Laura Fergusson Trust Canterbury is an independent, not-for-profit community and residential rehabilitation service provider. We specialise in providing rehabilitation services for people who have suffered acquired or traumatic brain injury and deliver these services in the community or within our residential rehabilitation service.
We are looking for a Social Worker who has the following qualifications, skills and experience;
- Bachelors of Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work.
- Registered with the Social Workers Registration Board New Zealand.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a registered Social Worker.
- Current New Zealand Annual Practicing Certificate
- Knowledge of the broad New Zealand health system, community resources and
volunteer agencies, and their roles and responsibilities in providing a continuum of care.
- Knowledge of disability issues and the needs of adults living with permanent traumatic
or acquired brain injury.
- A minimum of two years brain injury rehabilitation experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, as a member of an interdisciplinary team in
rehabilitation planning for complex client situations.
- Ability to make effective referrals, reflecting knowledge of community resources and
strong collaborative skills in working with community health and social agency personnel.
The successful candidate will work across both the Intensive and Residential Rehabilitation Service. Community rehabilitation on a rotational basis will be required to meet service requirements.
Enquiries regarding this position can be made to Katie Hodge, Director of Rehabilitation:
T: 03 3350541
- To apply email: careers @lftcant.co.nz