Social Worker – Upper Hutt
Family Works is one of the largest NGOs providing integrated social services for the whole community. Family Works provides a range of services to families and communities including needs assessments, social work, counselling and therapy and a range of life-skills and parenting courses.
Our Social Workers are the key in ensuring we enable, care for and support Kiwis around the country.
About the Role
This is a permanent, full time (40 hours per week) role based in Upper Hutt. This role offers challenge and flexibility. It involves the provision of Social Work, group work and related services to individuals, adults, adolescents, couples, families and Whānau. Experience working with youth and offenders would be an advantage.
You can expect to co-facilitate programmes to adults and children/youth. This role also involves working with youth to get them engaged in positive activities/education, also to pick up intake duties as and when required. Full training will be provided to the successful person.
You will be an empathetic person with a passion for helping children and whānau. Your approach to your work will be with kindness, logic and above all, the drive to do right by the child.
You will also be:
· a qualified and experienced Social Worker (SWRB registered or eligible for registration)
· passionate about working with children and whānau
· familiar with working in culturally diverse environments
· proactive and have good time management and computer skills
· a self starter who can work independently
· competent with demonstrating and implementing a range of social work practices e.g. strengths based, solution focused and goal oriented
· a strong networker with community stake holders and enjoy developing new professional networks for your client group
· have some experience in working with domestic violence
· have some experience in working with children
How to apply
To apply or for more information visit our website>>
If you would like further information, please contact Shelly Evans 04 5284164 (027 577 4126) or get in touch at email@example.com
Only those with the legal right to work in NZ may apply.
Candidates should expect to undergo police vetting for these roles and Family Works may need to contact our key stakeholders such as Ministry of Social Development or Ministry of Justice to ensure that there is no conflict of interest between the candidate and the organisation.
Applications close: 5pm, 12 July 2020