Supervisor Social Worker, Care and Protection, Hamilton City
Job Ref: 27220
Care and Protection – Hamilton City (Full Time, Permanent)
- Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of young people?
- Promote the protection and wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities, and we want you to come along with us. Become part of a leading a supportive team who are fully committed to achieving positive outcomes for young people, whānau and the community.
As a Supervisor at our Hamilton City site, you will manage and work in partnership with a team of social workers and other stakeholders to protect tamariki and rangatahi. There is lots of variety and challenge, with no two days being the same. You will have the ability to quickly work through complex information to make solid, safe decisions for our tamariki.
To be successful in this rewarding position, you will need:
- Full registration and current Annual Practising Certificate with the New Zealand Social Work Registration Board.
- Proven expertise in child protection and an understanding of New Zealand legislation that relates to the safety of children and young people.
- Excellent social work practice knowledge and an interest in children in care cases.
- Previous people management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A full, clean driver’s licence.
In return we offer:
- A competitive market salary.
- A rewarding career where you will work in a values based role which is truly making a difference.
- On-going training and regular supervision.
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice.
- Practical experience to coach and mentor staff.
- Flexible work options.
For any further discussion about the role, contact Rachel Bromley on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
- Internal Oranga Tamariki employees– please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as an internal candidate.
- All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees– please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system.
Applications close: 31 January 2019.
To apply click here>>
or follow this link: https://jobs.msd.govt.nz/job/Waikato-Supervisor-Social-Worker/529008300/