Supervisor Social Worker – Oranga Tamariki, Dunedin
Role: Supervisor Social Worker
Remuneration: $80,215.55 – $103,603.90
Location: Role base in Otago Region, Dunedin New Zealand
What’s in it for you
- Contribution towards relocation costs
- Access to corporate health fund discounts and baking packages with Westpac
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- To work along a cohesive and supportive team environment
At Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi.
In this role you will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve our goals and demonstrate our values as follows:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children currently have an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor Social Worker to join our Dunedin City Site – a team who is equally experienced with an immense passion in supporting and guiding children and young people to reach their best potential.
In this role, you will be working in partnership with a team of Social Workers and other stakeholders including whānau and iwi. You will be part of a team who makes bold and courageous decisions to protect our tamariki and rangatahi. As a Supervisor you will also uphold best practices and adhere to providing the best possible care and delivery of services. You will also need to portray a strong professional ethics and a holistic approach that is client-centred and strengths-based.
With a well-developed leadership skill, you will be supporting the team to work creatively and constructively with our clients and stakeholders to address individual and social needs. Working through complex information to ensure trusted decisions are made will also be part of your responsibilities in which will support our tamariki and rangatahi to reach their best potential.
To be successful in this position, you will need to display a caring, friendly demeanour and be a real team player with an open-minded approach.
Are you a dynamic Practitioner who enjoys coaching and mentoring? If you are, we would like to hear from you!
What you will bring?
- A full recognised Registration and current Annual Practising Certificate
- Well established child protection Social Work knowledge and practices
- Experience in leading and inspiring a team
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Have a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Strong conflict resolution skills
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your Social Work Qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please apply through your myHR portal. This will ensure your application is received internally. If you want to know more about the role, please contact Andrew Louis at email@example.com
To be eligible for this role, you will need to hold a New Zealand Permanent Residency or Citizenship.
Applications closes Monday, 2 November 2020.