Survivor Specialist Wanted, Auckland Based
Project Restore is seeking a professionally confident Survivor Specialist based in Auckland.
This part time role will suit someone who is committed to our mission of restoring humanity, justice and dignity where sexual harm has occurred and breaking the wider cycles of harmful sexual behaviour and violence now and for future generations.
Project Restore NZ (PRNZ) is the specialist national provider of restorative justice for sexual harm cases in Aotearoa. We have a contract with the Ministry of Justice to deliver restorative justice processes within the Criminal Justice System and the Community as an alternative justice process.
This provides great potential for Survivor healing and recovery. We are implementing a long-term strategy which will grow our reach and impact, making this an exciting opportunity to have a very real, expanding and beneficial impact for Survivors.
About the Role
In this role you can truly make a difference. Working collaboratively with the Project Restore Team to support survivors to experience acknowledgement and validation of their emotional, physical, spiritual responses as a result of the harm they have experienced.
This will be achieved by:
1. Assisting with the intake assessment, preparation and ongoing risk and safety assessments.
2. Providing the person who has been harmed support and guidance in the restorative justice process as part of a team of caseworkers adopting the three-legged stool Project Restore NZ model.
3. Developing effective professional relationships and extending our community profile so as to contribute to and enhance the success of PRNZ’s clinical services and of the organisation and its work.
4. In the process of conducting this work to promote and work towards a society that is free from sexual violence.
As a minimum you will have;
- NZQA approved qualification in the field of counselling, psychology or psychotherapy.
- Current full member of a professional counselling, psychotherapy or psychology body including a practicing certificate in relevant discipline e.g. counselling, psychotherapy, social work or psychotherapy.
- Minimum of four years experience in counselling, or equivalent 1,000 hours client contact including experience working with high or complex needs clients, working with families/children, long term counselling,
- Minimum four years clinical experience working with survivors of sexual violence (must have) and perpetrators of sexual harm (helpful).
- Minimum one year of experience working in collaborative roles with sexual violence sector agencies (Ideal)
- Ability to meet criteria and maintain Ministry of Justice restorative justice accreditation of Sexual Violence specialist -working with sexual offending cases – see this link –
- Knowledge of working within Ministry of Justice restorative justice standards for sexual violence cases, or existing accreditation as an RJ facilitator (helpful, included in induction)
- Current driver’s license and ownership of legal vehicle available for work use.
- Able to travel (air and car) when required.
Be part of our committed team who are passionate about making a difference to the lives of many New Zealander’s.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter to our Core Services Manager, Justine Leef via firstname.lastname@example.org. A job description is available on request.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday the 19th April 2021.
Project Restore NZ
That Aotearoa New Zealand is free from cycles of sexual violence
We restore a sense of humanity, justice and dignity, when sexual harm has occurred. We believe that the experience of restorative interaction has the power to model compassionate behaviour which breaks wider cycles of sexual harm, hurt and violence now and for future generations.
We provide a “kiwi made” world class survivor centred Restorative Justice approach to “putting things right” where sexual harm has occurred.
Collaboration, Generosity, Kindness, Manaakitanga, Respect, Responsibility.
Visit www.projectrestore.nz for more information.