Women’s Health Social Worker – Fertility Plus, Auckland
- Permanent part-time (0.8 FTE) position
- Great team environment and work culture
- Renowned, leading edge, teaching and researched focus health provider
E nga whanau whanui, nga karangaranga tangata, nau mai haere mai.
Te Toka Tumai, Auckland District Health Board Women’s Health Social Work team are calling for applications for a position of Women’s Health Social Worker based primarily at Fertility Plus.
Infertility affects one in four couples. Fertility issues also impact single people, rainbow families and those needing to preserve their fertility in order to have future options of building a family. The Fertility Social Worker holds an important role in caring for the psychological and emotional needs of patients and families, and works closely with their professional colleagues.
To be suitable for the role, you will:
- Be a registered Social Worker with a current Annual Practicing Certificate and have at least 3-5 years Social Work experience
- Have an understanding of counselling processes and approaches which can be used to help support patients experiencing a range of emotional and psychological issues
- Have experience in working with issues of grief and loss
- Have demonstrated the ability to work therapeutically with individuals and couples
- Have the capacity to work as part of a busy multi-disciplinary team
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
For position description click here or copy and paste below link into your internet browser:
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori & Pacific communities. Our organisation values diversity, inclusivity and empathy, if you do too, apply now and join us to make a positive difference and to “do your life’s best work at Auckland DHB”.
To enquire about any aspect of this role, please feel free to contact Hannah Frost on 021 938 540 or email HFrost@adhb.govt.nz
To submit your application, please click on the Apply button below or visit our website www.careers.adhb.govt.nz and enter job number CEN10025
Closing date: Monday 28 January 2018
Please note that applications will not be reviewed until the after the closing date.
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Core Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.