Practice Supervisor Social Work, Adult Health, Auckland District Health Board
An exceptional leadership opportunity has arisen to become part of the Social Work service at Auckland City Hospital. We have a Full-time, Fixed Term 6 month position available as a Adults Health Social Work Practice Supervisor from February 2019.
At Auckland DHB we have a lot we can offer you:
- Opportunity to join the largest teaching District Health Board in New Zealand
- Regular supervision and continuing professional development to enhance your capacity to engage in effective social work practice
- Leadership and continuous development opportunities
- Subsidised gym membership, free gym classes run by 5Points Gym
- Great team environment and work culture
- Discounts at a variety of businesses, Free eye test
- Great Grafton location
- A fun and supportive team
We are seeking an Adult’s Health Social Work Practice Supervisor to provide clinical support and supervision to an exceptional team of social workers working with women and their families. This role also includes contributing to a number of clinical governance, operational leadership and interprofessional forums.
Our team provides Inpatient services to all areas of Adult’s Health at Auckland DHB including responding to a broad range of referrals including, loss, major life changes, decision making and counselling around end of life care, child protection, family violence intervention, and other complex social and medical situations.
To be able to apply for this role you will need to have:
- A degree in Social Work
- Registration with New Zealand Social Workers Registration Board
- A current Annual Practising Certificate
- Understanding of supportive counselling including grief and loss intervention
- Previous leadership experience (preferably in a large health organisation) including professional supervision training and experience
- Clinical background working in an acute hospital environment and an ability to work alongside the multi-disciplinary teams in Adult’s Health
- Knowledge of NZ health sector is preferred
- Understanding of Tikanga Maori
Your questions or discussions are welcomed. To find out more about this role, please feel free to contact acting Social Work Acting Clinical Lead, Sashnee Naidoo on 021540421.
If you need any further information about the recruitment process please contact Vickie Shakur, Recruitment Consultant at VickieS@adhb.govt.nz.
To submit your application, please click on the Apply button below or visit our website www.careers.adhb.govt.nz and enter job number AUC03163. Please note that email applications will not be accepted.
or follow this link: https://adhbrac.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=AUC03163
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Core Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.
Applications close: Tuesday 26th February 2019