Social Worker – Dementia Canterbury
Full Time – 40 hours per week
We are looking for a passionate, positive and preferably experienced Social Worker who wants to be part of a small dynamic interdisciplinary team delivering all aspects of community based social work practice.
Dementia Canterbury is a NFP community organisation providing specialist dementia support, advocacy, education and information in the Canterbury and West Coast areas. Our interdisciplinary team work together to ensure people living with dementia, their care partners, family/whanau, friends and community are encouraged to live well with dementia/promote dementia friendly opportunities in all areas of our community.
The social work role involves:
- Community based home visits/one to one support/family and care partner support.
- Advocacy, liaison with health and community care partners.
- Group facilitation
- Information and education.
- NZ Social Work Registration/current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Experience in health based or community social work (aged care desirable)
- Proven ability to work well in an interdisciplinary team.
For a position description or further information please contact Darral Campbell, Manager email@example.com or phone 03 379 2590
Applications close: Monday 25th February 2019