Social Worker, Youth Services, 6 Month Fixed Term – Hamilton
Job Ref: 28183
Hamilton North (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
- Make a difference for rangatahi and whānau
- Great career development opportunity for an experienced Social Worker wanting to step up
- Use the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks
What’s on offer?
- A salary range between $54,746.80 – $91,606.
- Flexible work opportunities and full compensation for any overtime hours worked.
- A great, knowledgeable team who celebrate each other’s successes.
- Regular supervision, training and career development opportunities.
What you will do?
- Early intervention with high needs young people aged between 12-18 years old.
- Hear rangatahi voices and support them or their whānau to make positive changes.
- Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds.
- Assist as and where you can with the young person’s behavioural issues.
- Complete initial safety checks and assessments on the rangatahi and whānau.
- Be involved in planning what social work to maintain rangatahi within their whānau is required to be delivered.
- Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies.
- Transition rangatahi back to their whānau, iwi or into their forever home.
- Be an advocate on behalf of young person to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential.
- Act up as the Supervisor as and when required.
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
What team you will work with?
We specialise in youth services and are passionate about doing the right thing for our rangatahi and whānau. We are a learning site, so we are open for those who wish to have their say to use their voice and help us grow. Our motto is work hard, play hard. Every day in our office is different; it’s busy because we’re all striving to do the right thing for our rangatahi and their whānau. We have a knowledgeable leadership team who are extremely supportive of what we’re doing and have our backs every step of the way.
What you will bring?
- A tertiary social work qualification.
- A full, clean, valid driver’s licence.
- Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with.
- Child protection and mentoring experience.
- The ability to analyse and prepare social work and financial plans.
- Sound judgement and organisational skills.
- The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience.
- Good written skills as you will need to write court reports and case notes.
- A positive outlook and supporting nature.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. This will ensure your application is received internally.
If you have any queries, please contact Terri Telford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry as applications close the 25th of April 2019.
To see more about this exciting role, check out the position description below: