Youth Social Worker – Papamoa Family Services, Bay of Plenty
Applications close 12th December 2018 and interviews will be undertaken on 17th December 2018
Anglican Care Waiapu has a full time (35 hour per week) Youth Social Worker vacancy at Papamoa Family Services. This is an exciting opportunity to provide Social Work support to the rangatahi/youth and their whanau/families in the Papamoa, Mount Maunganui and Welcome Bay communities within a client centred, solution focussed and strengths-based model of practice. This role has primary responsibility for the oversight and delivery of the Mana Youth Programmes as well as individual case work and mentoring.
Papamoa Family Services is a community social service agency that provides a range of strengths-based child and family services in the Bay of Plenty District. We have developed a strong reputation of delivering effective and professional social services including social work, counselling, SWIS, mentoring and group programmes while promoting our distinct Christian character and values. Our primary goal is to assist people to take positive action in their lives by providing expertise, support, resources and information.
- Registered Social Worker or working towards registration.
- An ability to work closely with children, whanau and the community to improve social, educational, spiritual and health related outcomes.
- Sound knowledge of the services available in the community.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, sound computer literacy skills.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Experience working in a bicultural and/or multi-cultural context.
- Able to champion the special character of Anglican Care Waiapu.
The successful candidate will have strong professional ethics, a commitment to excellent social work practice and a drive to make a difference to the families and community in the Bay of Plenty region. If this sounds like you – we want to hear from you!
To apply and/or to request a Position Description and Application form, email the Practice Manager, Janice Belgrave email@example.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.