Anne’s Intro & Rules
Over the last year I have enjoyed my interactions with members of ANZASW and other social workers. There have often been times when I have wanted to bring up issues or get feed-back from members about incidents or questions. The two monthly NoticeBoard doesn’t really happen frequently enough for me.
Sooooo, I have decided to start writing a blog. Initially I will do fortnightly entries, but may increase it to weekly if there is enough interest and I get enough topics.
The first few blogs are about topics which social workers from across the country have brought up during this last year. I’d like to encourage discussion and alternative points of view. I’m interested in debate, but would like to keep it civil and constructive.
I am keen to have members and social workers present me with topics for blog posts. I will also be looking for guest entries. You are able to subscribe to the blog by entering your email address in the ‘Subscribe to Blog via Email’ widget so that you get my blog via email and the blog will also be posted on the ANZASW website under ‘Blog’ on the purple ribbon aka the menu bar.
There are some rules:
- There will be moderation. Your post won’t appear immediately because it has to be read and posted. If the dialogue remains constructive, moderation may be reduced.
- Comments, topic suggestions and replies to the blogs can be done anonymously. You do not need to be logged in. You have to enter a name and email – but it can be anything – it just means you won’t be alerted to any responses.
- Be constructive. I would like to make this a place for open, supportive discussions, where people who write in, are provided with valid and constructive commentary.
- Just because you disagree with what someone says, does not mean that person is wrong.
- Keep on topic. If you want to talk about something that is unrelated to the blog post, contact me, let me know what you want to talk about and I might be able to write a blog about it – or get you to write one!