Kia tutuki ia ngā whainga me ngā tumanako kia mau tonu i ngā mahi
Through working together our goals and objectives will be achieved
An equitable, socially just and sustainable Aotearoa New Zealand society in which social work is a valued profession.
Kia tika tonu te āhua mahi mō ngā Tangata i Aotearoa nei
To enhance the profession of social work for the benefits of individuals, family, communities, whānau, hāpu and iwi.
Manaaki ngā kaimahi kia tika te huarahi oranga e hāpai ngā whānau, hāpu, iwi, me ngā hapori.
Our Values/Whai Paenga
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi underpins and informs our work and practice
- Ko Te Tiriti o Waitangi te kawenata te huarahi ka tika ngā mahi i Aotearoa
- The principles of bi-culturalism and partnership are evident in our actions
- Ko te mahi ngā tahi ka tika te mahi mō te Tangata
- We value individual and cultural uniqueness and diversity.
- Ko te Rangatiratanga o te Tangata te mea nui
- We treat each other and all other people with respect and dignity.
- Ko te manaakitanga o ngā Tangata katoa ka tau
- We encourage the active participation and contribution of all members.
- Ka whai wahitanga mō te katoa
- We model the highest standards of personal and professional behaviour
- He ahua tino pumau ngā kamahi teitei e haere ake nei
- We are committed to social justice, human rights and human dignity.
- E pono ana ki ngā tikanga o te ture e whai haere nei
- We are a credible voice for those whose voices are not heard and / or who are marginalised.
- He maangai paaho mō rātou kore reo kia taea te rongo me rātou kua pouakatia hei nama.
Our Priority Goals
- Voice – To provide a strong voice for Tau Iwi and Tangata Whenua members, the profession and the people with whom we work.
- Public awareness of the positive role and impact of social work and social workers is raised
- Be an influential commentator on social work and the social services public policy agenda
- Members are mobilised to engage in ANZASW campaign activity
- Tangata Whenua caucus voice is strengthened within the Association
- Continuing professional development – To promote and provide opportunities for continuing professional development
- Design, deliver and co-ordinate CPD opportunities using a range of delivery mechanisms
- Design and implement a system to recognise and endorse CPD courses and providers
- Disseminate information about CPD opportunities provided by other organisations
- Membership – To maintain and grow the membership of ANZASW.
- Achieve net growth in Tau Iwi and Tangata Whenua membership
- Increase Tau Iwi and Tangata Whenua participation in the Association