Online: Common Mental Health Disorders: An Overview
Date(s) - 02/02/2021
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Develop your knowledge about the experience of common mental health disorders, including mood disorders, Psychosis and Anxiety Disorders. Learn how to best support those with mental illness and their family/whānau.
This workshop is also available to attend in person – register here.
Overview and Learning Intentions:
- Gain insight and increased knowledge of common mental health disorders
- Facts vs myths
- What are the risk factors, causes and treatment options
- How people can live well with mental illness
- Develop a better understanding of how you can support people with common mental health disorders
Let’s Get Real
- Working with people experiencing mental health and addiction needs
- Working with whānau
- Challenging discrimination
- Maintaining professional and personal development