POSTPONED: Motivational Interviewing -One and Two Day Workshops – Christchurch
Date(s) - 11/05/2020 - 12/05/2020
Transform your skills in supporting your clients’ personal motivation and commitment to a specific goal.
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is a collaborative, goal-oriented style of communication with particular attention to the language of change. It is designed to strengthen personal motivation for, and commitment to, a specific goal, by eliciting and exploring the person’s own reasons for change within an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion.
These one and two day interactive workshops will give participants the opportunity to experience the basics of MI, and a strengths based approach to understanding ambivalence, resistance to change, and low motivation.
Learning outcomes include:
• Understanding the fundamental spirit and processes of MI
• Directly experiencing the MI approach and contrasting it with others
• Learning an MI strategy for assessing and building motivation
• Strengthening empathetic listening skills
• Learning the fundamental client language cues, that will allow for continued feedback and learning in practice.
Who should attend?
Anyone who works to support others to change, including:
- case workers, social workers, counsellors
- teachers, school counsellors, school leadership
- doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists, nurses
- youth workers, community mental health nurses
- corrections and youth justice workers
About Eileen Britt:
Eileen Britt is a member of the Motivational Interviewing (MI) Network of Trainers, an international collective of MI trainers who promote excellence in the training, research, practice and implementation of MI.
She is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology and School of Health Sciences at the University of Canterbury and has worked as a Clinical Psychologist in mental health, health, criminal justice and research settings.
1 Day Workshop:
Earlybird Price – $250.00 + GST
Standard Price – $275.00 + GST
2 Day Workshop:
Earlybird Price – $350.00 + GST
Standard Price – $395.00 + GST
Earlybird Special finish 3 weeks prior to the event start date
For more information on this Motivational Interviewing workshop, or any of Grow’s events, please phone Faye Johnson on 027 607 3000, or email email@example.com