Supervision: A Reflective Developmental Approach-Margaret Morrell, Vibrant Training
Date(s) - 05/03/2019 - 07/03/2019
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
This 3-day workshop provides everything both new and experienced supervisors need to know to provide excellent supervision.
If you have ever felt you were supervising by the “seat of your pants”, been unsure if you were meeting your supervisee’s needs, or questioned your competence as a supervisor…
Come to this workshop and learn how to provide excellent reflective supervision and how to constantly improve the supervision you provide.
I will provide:
- A thoroughly enjoyable workshop;
- A safe, reflective learning environment;
- Practical frameworks and models;
- Opportunities to learn from others;
- A comprehensive handbook to take away.
You will learn:
- What quality supervision looks like;
- How to establish and maintain a trusting, productive supervisory relationship;
- The value and purpose of the individually negotiated supervision agreement;
- How to structure a supervisory discussion to promote learning and growth;
- The supervisor’s “toolbox” and how to choose your tools to most benefit the supervisee;
- How to model and promote reflective practice with supervisees;
- How to engage supervisees in the supervision process. The “5-Eyed Supervisee”;
- How to create a climate where supervisees feel safe to disclose ethical dilemmas.
Margaret (BA.Hons, Dip Soc Wk, Registered Social Worker NZ) is a social worker with 40 years’ supervision experience. Since 1997, her practice passion has been to develop accessible, practice-based training for supervisors and supervisees. Margaret has an excellent reputation for providing quality, enjoyable supervision training for social workers & allied health professionals in health, government departments and NGOs throughout Australia and New Zealand. Margaret’s workshops receive consistently positive evaluations both for the material she presents and for her training style.
What previous participants have said:
- I loved Margaret’s way of running the course – her professionalism, but also her personality & sense of making learning effective and enjoyable
- This is the most useful, dynamic & enjoyable course I have ever been I have had aha moments like never before!
- Wow! Best course I’ve been to since I started practice. I found I could easily put what I learned into practice.
- I now know how to give the sessions structure and meaning, helping my supervisees to excel
What’s provided: A substantial and delicious morning tea. Please bring your own lunch or take advantage of the many cafes and fast food outlets in
Cost: $795 (no GST).
Terms and conditions: You are welcome to pencil in a place, for up to 3 weeks. To secure a place, payment should be made by the due date on your invoice.
10% administration fee will be deducted from cancellations prior to February 5th 2019. No refunds after February 5th2019, for any reason, though you are welcome to transfer your registration to someone else.