Transforming Complex Clinical Moments Workshop with Dr. Shawn Shea – Auckland
Date(s) - 17/10/2019
Transforming Complex Clinical Moments: Innovative Interviewing Techniques for Understanding the Pain Beneath the Diagnosis
Dr Shawn Shea returns to New Zealand to present his latest workshop which will provide front-line clinicians with practical, specific interviewing techniques and state-of-the-art skills necessary to tackle some of the most complex of clinical challenges.
This one-day workshop consists of 3 enlightening segments:
- The Innovative Use of Object Relations: Gateway to Understanding the People Beneath the Personality Diagnoses
- The Inner World of the Pain Beneath the Diagnosis: Interviewing Techniques for Uncovering Anxiety Disorders
- The Elusive World of Psychosis: How to Help Clients Share Their Pain, Hallucinations, Delusions, and Thoughts of Harm to Self or Others
Learning Outcomes. Participants will:
- Be able to utilise the theories of object relations (Kernberg) and the psychology of the self (Kohut) to apply specific interviewing techniques – such as the complementary shift – to rapidly and sensitively engage clients while gently uncovering the presence of borderline, narcissistic, and other personality processes.
- Be able to use specific interviewing techniques for rapidly, yet sensitively, uncovering OCD, PTSD, and panic disorder (including atypical presentations) using the DSM-V while sensitively understanding the nuances of how these disorders may appear and the trauma that may precipitate them.
- Be able to utilise a diversity of interviewing techniques for spotting delusional mood, delusional perception, variations in the life-cycle of a psychosis, and psychotic processes that may lead to self-mutilation, suicide or harm to others.
*This workshop has been rebranded – it was Transforming Daunting Clinical Tasks
Who should attend?
This training is appropriate for psychiatrists, counsellors, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, case managers, substance abuse counsellors, general practitioners and all mental health trainees.
About Shawn Shea, MD
Shawn Shea, MD is an internationally acclaimed innovator in the fields of suicide prevention, clinical interviewing, and enhancing the therapeutic alliance having given over 850 presentations worldwide.
With nearly 40 years of clinical experience, Dr. Shea is the Director of the Training Institute for Suicide Assessment and Clinical Interviewing (TISA), a training and consultation service providing workshops, consultations, and quality assurance design in mental health assessment.
One Day Workshop
Standard Price – $395.00 + GST
3rd and Subsequent Delegate from the same organisation – $350.00 + GST
Student Price – $295.00 + GST
Please Note: Student ID will be required. Please visit the website for information
For more information on this Transforming Complex Clinical Moment workshop, or any of Grow’s events, please phone Faye Johnson on 06 878 3456, or email email@example.com