Unlocking Childhood Trauma!- Keys to Transforming the Body and Mind – Melbourne
Date(s) - 25/03/2019
Presented by: Donna Zander
Trauma in childhood has a significant impact on the developing brain and can lock itself down in the body. Children show us this in their behaviour and their relationships with others. This workshop explores: the most recent research on the impact of trauma on the brain development of children and young people; provides a framework for understanding the effects of trauma for a child’s cognitive, social, physical and emotional development and functioning and; explores implications for practice. This is a practical workshop utilising experiential activities and case studies.
- Develop an understanding of normative brain development through childhood and adolescence
- Understand the way that trauma affects children’s brain architecture and functioning and can lock itself down in the body
- Identify ways that trauma shapes memory states and emotional experiences
- Explore non verbal, creative, playful and sensorimotor approaches to enable children to communicate and process their experiences of trauma
- Explore practical strategies to strengthen parent’s, caregivers and others to understand the world of the child or young person who has experienced trauma
- Use participant knowledge to place this information in their own work.
- Have fun!
AASW CPE approved, APS Members & Students price: $230.00
Venue: To Be Advised-Central Melbourne
Morning, Afternoon Tea, Lunch & GST Inclusive