Workshop: Essential Skills in Supervision, Wellington
Date(s) - 13/04/2021 - 15/04/2021
Life Centre, Willis Room
A strengths based and collaborative approach
This workshop will focus on:
- Defining professional supervision and the context of supervision within Aotearoa/New Zealand:
- Considering relationship building and collaborative contracting as the heart of supervision;
- Looking at developmental dynamics in supervision, reflective practice and harnessing our learning styles;
- Exploring skills, tools and processes for working together in supervision,
- Considering how to hold an ethical stance in supervision together.
This workshop is designed for people working or volunteering in health, social services and education.
For further information about this workshop please visit our website: https://theprojectteam.co.nz/professional-development-workshops/workshop-essential-skills-for-supervision
Or contact Chris Thomas on email@example.com or
Karen Shepherd on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 258 0191
About the Facilitators:
Karen Shepherd, BSW, PG Dip SSS, MANZASW, Registered Social Worker,
Chris Thomas, BSW, Cert Soc Serv Sup, MSW (hons), MANZASW, Registered Social Worker
Our approach to professional development is: Experiential and interactive learning, expertise led (not expert driven), creative, innovative, fun and practical
We have been working together as trainers since 2005 developing a framework around strengths-based practice with a specific focus on the Aotearoa/NZ context.
We have developed and run a range of training programmes on professional supervision and strengths-based practice for social workers, allied health professional and community organisations. We are also professional supervisors in private practice and are passionate about collaborative practice and supervision.
For more information about The Project Team Ltd visit: https://theprojectteam.co.nz/about-us/about-the-project-team/
Cost $595 including GST:
- Course materials, handouts, certificate of completion
- Morning an afternoon teas and lunch
Numbers are limited for the workshop so be in quick!