Executive Manager – Lower South Island
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we are committed to putting children and young people at the heart of everything we say and do. We value the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi above all else. We want to ensure that all children and young people are in loving whānau and communities.
We have a permanent opportunity for an Executive Manager in Lower South, to join our small team based at our Dunedin Regional Office. As this role covers the Lower South area, travel is required.
As we continue on our journey to embed a new way of working with our tamariki, whānau and communities, you will play a key role in leading the implementation of our future operating model. Working across Oranga Tamariki in Lower South, you will contribute strategically to further develop regional and national service delivery outcomes and initiatives, as well as supporting stakeholder engagement. Additionally, you will provide sound advice and strategic support in response to serious events, information requests, and business risks. You will be responsible for identifying and promoting quality improvement opportunities as well as coordinating responses to ministerial correspondence.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Expertise in leading operational service delivery within a social work services context or comparable organisation.
- Experience leading large change projects.
- Confidence in oneself to take charge when needed.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills.
- A proactive approach with great attention to detail – you’ll be one step ahead of the game.
- Sound working knowledge and expertise in statutory and public service legislation and practice.
- Excellent computer, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- A relevant tertiary qualification (social work or management would be preferred).
- A current, full, clean driver licence.
We offer a dedicated and supportive team, flexible work options, competitive remuneration and the opportunity to apply your skills and experience to improving the wellbeing and outcomes of our at most risk children and young people. We offer a collaborative and innovative culture where our people thrive to adhere to best practice while constantly challenging the status quo. If you want to be part of changing the way New Zealand supports our at most risk children and young people then we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
Internal Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
All other candidates including MSD employees – Please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system. Please note all applications must be made online.
For a further discussion about the role contact Leanne Graham on (03) 955 3453 or at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Friday, 1 March 2019.