ANZASW Board Member with a Recognised Financial Qualification
The Aotearoa New Zealand Association of Social Workers Incorporated (ANZASW) is an incorporated society and a non-profit organisation. ANZASW is the professional association for social workers in Aotearoa New Zealand. Our vision is professionally excellent social workers and leaders for social justice. ANZASW exists to promote and support the social work profession, uphold ethical practice, advocate on matters of social policy, and advance social justice, human rights and human dignity.
We have approximately 3,600 members throughout the country. There are a number of branches that operate in the regions. ANZASW is supported by a National Office made up of 6 staff (4.2 FTE).
ANZASW is seeking to co-opt a Board member with:
- a recognised financial management qualification;
- governance experience;
- an understanding of social work or social services sector; and
- alignment with the tikanga/culture and purposes of the Association as set out in the Constitution (https://anzasw.nz/wp-content/uploads/ANZASW-Constitution-25-Sept-2020.pdf).
The person must be a fit and proper person and be willing to complete a Police vetting check.
This Board member traditionally chairs the Board’s Risk, Finance and Audit committee. Previous experience on this type of committee is preferred.
ANZASW will support the new Board member with an induction process, including a transition with the current incumbent.
- 6x 1-day Board meetings per year with approximately 5-10 hours a month in between Board meetings.
- 4x Risk, Finance and Audit committee meetings per year (online during evenings).
3-year term (negotiable)
We will accept applications from throughout Aotearoa New Zealand.
Board meetings typically alternate between being in person or online. Board member must be willing to travel to attend Board meetings in person, when required.
Voluntary – small honorarium, as approved annually by members. Reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
For a confidential, informal discussion about this role or to apply, please contact Braden Clark, Kaiwhakahaere Chief Executive on firstname.lastname@example.org