Care & Protection Social Worker – West Coast
Job Ref: 32449
Tai Poutini Mawhera (Greymouth) based, covering the entire and beautiful West Coast – full-time/permanent.
- A strong focus on ensuring the well-being of the children and young people in NZ.
- Join a great team and supportive working environment.
- A commitment to improving outcomes for Maori and a collaborative approach with whānau, Hapu (Ngatiwaewae and Makaawhio) and Iwi.
Are you ready to make a difference in your community or have you been thinking lately about a more relaxed lifestyle with a community-focused atmosphere? This could be the opportunity for you. If you would like to take advantage of the outdoors, this is definitely the place to be, the coastline and bush is on your doorstep. As the perfect base, some of the most amazing regional destinations are within a few hours’ drive in any direction.
The well-being of tamariki is everyone’s responsibility. They deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau and community.
If these words capture why you became a Social Worker, then you belong on the journey we have begun at Oranga Tamariki. We’re looking for a qualified, registered and experienced Social Worker who wants to make a difference by putting children at the heart of everything they do.
Our team of Care and Protection Social Workers are a tight knit group who work closely together and share our Oranga Tamariki values. We are looking for you to come and help us deliver better outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi. As part of our team you will spend your day meeting with children and young people, listening to what they have to say, completing assessments, creating plans, participating in Hui-a-Whānau, Family Group Conferences and partnering with other agencies, community groups and Iwi to improve the overall well-being for our tamariki and their whanau.
We can offer you:
- A challenging, fascinating and gratifying career.
- On-going training and regular supervision.
- A cohesive and supportive team environment.
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work.
- A competitive market salary.
To be successful in this rewarding position, you will need
- A qualification in Social Work recognised by the Social Work Registration Board (SWRB).
- A SWRB registration with a current APC (or working towards gaining registration essential).
- An understanding of working in a Statutory Social Work position
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Strong PC and Microsoft Office Suite skills with excellent report writing and written communication skills.
- Full current driver licence.
- Be a New Zealand citizen/Permanent Resident or hold a current Working Visa.
If you genuinely care about providing children with the aroha and support they need early on in life, you’ll get immense satisfaction from being able to turn lives around, and seeing the difference your work makes to our youngest Kiwis. So will you join us?
If you have any queries, please contact Helen Archer at email@example.com.
How to apply:
Internal Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
All external applicants including MSD employees – please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system.
Applications close: Friday 3rd April 2020