Community Social Worker, Hutt Valley
Experienced Community Social Worker (would consider mature recent graduate)
0.8 FTE (32 hours per week)
Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of kaumātua and toeaina?
We are looking for a person to join our Older Person’s Team to support older people to live in their community with safety and independence, free from abuse, and with meaningful lives. The position will focus on the Hutt Valley community. You will join a dedicated and professional staff in an organisation with a reputation for being a leading-edge provider of social services. Wesley offers flexible working conditions in a culturally responsive values driven organisation.
You will bring experience and understanding to:
- Pacifica and Māori care for toeaina and kaumātua in their communities
- Working in a Te Tiriti o Waitangi responsive organisation
- Supporting older people with cognitive impairment and other long-term conditions.
- Working to end instances of elder harm
- The principles of strengths-based practice and restorative justice
- Working within a multi-disciplinary health environment
- Working with mental health and addiction
You will have:
- A NZ recognised social work qualification and registration.
- Outstanding relationship management and networking skills
- A can-do attitude, and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- A full New Zealand drivers’ licence
For further information and an application pack, please refer to www.wesleyca.org.nz or contact:
Isabel Macdonald – Executive Assistant
Wesley Community Action
PO Box 9932, wellington 6141
Phone: 04 805 0875