Community Social Worker, Tawa Community Ministries, Wellington
Tawa Community Ministries
- Integrated Social Service Centre
- Work in an amazing environment
- Make a difference
Part-time/permanent role, 15 hours per week. Tuesday to Thursday, 9:00am – 2:30pm.
About the role
Tawa Salvation Army is looking for an insightful person to work alongside families experiencing crisis.
- Working with families (adults with dependent children)
- Achieving targeted client numbers
- Client assessment, goal plans, reviewing all social work cases
- Prompt recording of all client interactions
- Identifying and responding to the needs of vulnerable children
- Assisting clients to achieve agreed outcomes
- Role modelling, inspiring, educating, supporting and building a person’s confidence so they are more capable of responding to challenges, creating their own stable environments and functioning at a consistent level
- Networking and collaborating with other agencies and community services
- Sympathy to the aims and mission of The Salvation Army
- The ability to work within a team environment
We are looking for someone with:
- A Social Work Qualification
- Current registration and practice certificate or willingness to work towards these
- A strong understanding of, and a heart for, social justice issues;
- Hold a clean full driver’s licence
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army has been transforming lives since 1865. We work in over 130 countries, coordinated by our International Headquarters in London and we are a registered charity under the Charities Act 2005. The Army has over 2,000 officers and employees in New Zealand, Fiji, Tonga and Samoa and is recognised as a high value employer. The mission of The Salvation Army in New Zealand, Fiji, Tonga and Samoa is caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is committed to cultural diversity, and in New Zealand, our Tiriti partnership.
The Salvation Army is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of vulnerable people, including children, and upholding their rights to protection from abuse and/or neglect.
For more information about this role please contact Nathan Bezzant 0272836645 or by email email@example.com
To apply please send your cover letter, CV (including referee details) and completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application form can be downloaded from http://www.salvationarmy.org.nz/about-us/career-opportunities
Applicants for this position will need to have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. All employment offers are subject to the completion of a satisfactory Ministry of Justice clearance/police check (where applicable).
Applications close by 12 noon on Wednesday, 16 June 2021.
The Salvation Army is a worldwide evangelical Christian church and human service provider. It is committed to caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society – all through the love of God shown in Jesus. The successful applicant should therefore show an ability to identify with the mission and values of The Salvation Army.