Community Social Worker, Wellington Region
Skilled and Experienced Community Social Worker
Full time – Wellington region
Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of kaumātua and toeaina?
We are seeking an outstanding and exceptional and skilled social worker to join our Older Person’s Team who support older people to live in their community with safety and independence, free from abuse, and with meaningful lives. You will have a deep and demonstrated understanding of best practice.
This position will predominantly be based in our Wellington office but has the scope and agility to support the work of our Porirua, Kāpiti, and Hutt sites also as needed. It is a unique role and would suit someone who enjoys variety and a high degree of autonomy. Hence the requirement to be experienced. It would ideally suit someone who lives in the Porirua basin as this would allow for ease of access to the other regions as required. Wesley offers a flexible work environment in a culturally responsive values driven organisation.
You will bring experience and understanding to:
- Pacifica and Māori care for toeaina and kaumātua in their communities
- Working in a Te Tiriti o Waitangi responsive organisation
- Supporting older people with cognitive impairment and other long-term conditions.
- Working to end instances of elder harm
- The principles of strengths-based practice and restorative justice
- Working within a multi-disciplinary health environment
- Working with mental health and addiction
You will have:
- A NZ recognised social work qualification and registration.
- Outstanding relationship management and networking skills
- A can-do attitude, and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- A full New Zealand drivers’ licence
- A good standard of personal health
For further information and an application pack, please refer to www.wesleyca.org.nz or contact:
Isabel Macdonald – Executive Assistant
Wesley Community Action
PO Box 9932, wellington 6141
Phone: 04 805 0875