Coordinator Care & Protection, Canterbury
Job Ref: 32530
At Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, we are passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of tamariki and rangatahi. Our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi.
We are currently seeking a motivated Care and Protection Coordinator to join our Papanui Site. In this role you will be responsible for managing and coordinating complex and challenging processes such as our Family Group Conferences.
In this role, you will be responsible for taking part in a joined-up approach to support tamariki, rangatahi and their whānau. You will be guiding and supporting individuals to ensure all decisions delivered are to the best interests of our tamariki and rangatahi. You will need strong organisational skills to facilitate discussion and resolve conflict throughout Family Group Conferences.
Your work will also involve working as an integrated part of our community to manage care and protection and engaging with mokopuna and their whānau. This will see you leading decisions and developing positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
The key attributes that you will bring to this role include:
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- The ability to operate in a bi-cultural environment with a well-developed knowledge of Tikanga Māori
- A well-established facilitation, mediation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Good communication skills with a basic understanding of te reo Māori and a working knowledge of Māori worldviews and processes
- The ability to demonstrate competencies and flexibility in working with children and young people and to engage with tamariki and rangatahi in age-appropriate ways.
What we offer in the role:
- A competitive salary between $64,768.67 – $82,543.74
- Support and on-going training and regular supervision
- A fun and dedicated team committed to the highest standards of strength-based Social Work
- A fascinating and rewarding work environment
How to apply?
Internal Oranga Tamariki Employees – please apply through your MyHR portal at work. This will ensure that your MyHR employee profile is visible as an internal candidate.
All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system.
Please note all applications must be made online.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Paula Grooby at email@example.com
Applications close: 30 March 2020