Drug Treatment Programme Senior Practitioner, Christchurch
- Do you want to make a real difference in men’s lives
- Prison based role
- Full time, 40 hours per week
We are looking for a senior AOD practitioner to join our friendly team at the Drug Treatment Programme based at Christchurch Men’s Prison. This is a position to build upon the excellent work already being done in the programme, and to take a step into a leadership position.
In this role, you will be
- Delivering education and therapeutic groups.
- Working individually with men to support their recovery within the prison
- Supporting whanau of our clients.
- Developing leadership skills, by working alongside the Team Leader when they are unavailable to prepare reports, facilitate meetings and liaise with stakeholders
To be successful in this role, you will
- Be looking for the next step in a successful clinical career
- Hold a health professional qualification and have experience in AOD and/or mental health work
- Be Registered and looking for ongoing professional development
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Be a team player
You will be part of a small and dedicated team working in the prison, and a valued member of the wider Odyssey whanau. We provide ongoing training opportunities, and relocation support is available.
Applications will be processed as they are received.