Dynamic and Experienced Social Worker, East Auckland
Half Moon Bay Auckland
Do you want to make a difference working with Tamariki and their whanau in the community?
Whether you are an experienced Social Worker or a new Social Worker, we are looking for the right person to join our Stand Tu Maia whanau.
We have a comprehensive training and induction package for the successful applicants.
We are seeking four permanent full-time Social Workers – 40 hours per week, working from our Children’s Village in Half Moon Bay, East Auckland.
Stand Tu Maia has a vision, “A World Strong with Tamariki”. We work to transform the lives of children and young people, to support their recovery from trauma. Our nationwide organisation provides services for children ages 5-12 years and their families, and includes an intensive family wraparound community social work service, school-based social work service, a therapeutic care and education children’s village, and respite services for kin/whanau caregivers.
Competencies we are seeking include:
- A registered Social Worker with a social work qualification
- Able to demonstrate bi-cultural responsiveness, with the ability to relate positively and communicate effectively to a wide range of people
- A proven ability to work alongside whanau to help improve outcomes for tamariki impacted by trauma
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously and also as part of a team
- A champion in computer literacy, in order to keep accurate case notes
- A Full Driver’s Licence.
- Social Work Registration Board and ANZASW fees paid
- Internal training and professional development opportunities
- 5 weeks annual leave entitlement after one year employment
- Vehicle for community visits, mobile phone and laptop
You will also be required to complete Police and Oranga Tamariki Vetting forms.
Closing date: – Sunday 07 March 2021
To discuss this position further please email email@example.com